What are the dates for an SU and how long are they?
From one to three weeks. The usual duration is two weeks. All SUs are held between June and September.
What does it cost?
A Summer University costs € 98,- per week
If the SU lasts longer, or less, the price varies according to the week price.
The method of payment depends on the SU. You may have to pay 50% in advance and 50% upon arrival, 100% in advance, 100% on arrival… On the official SU list, see “Payment” on the left of each description of a SU to find out how payment should be done for that particular SU.
What’s included in the price?
- Accommodation during the whole event.
- Meals: Two per day of which at least one is warm. Vegetarian, non-pork food and other special requeriments will be provided.
- Transportation during the event, tickets to recreational sites, cultural landmarks, activities, museums … and everything else included in the program. And of course the parties!
What is not included in the price?
- Transportation (plane, train …) to where you are going to participate in a SU.
- Activities not included in the program. Some SU can offer a unique activity for an extra fee (for example, entry to a water park), which is optional anyway.
What will be the accommodation
It depends on the SU. It may be a hostel, camping, tent, gym, houses of AEGEE members, student flats,… In any case, if you want to know more details about the accommodation, read the “lodging” specification in each SU description and if you still have doubts, contact the organizers of the specific SU.